Looking for fertilized chicken eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brandibaby23, Nov 30, 2009.

1. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    Does anyone know where to buy eggs? I have checked mcmurray and stuff but WOW!!! 42.00 bucks, thats a bit steep, especially if something were to happen that the babies didn't hatch! I am looking for polish, frizzle, silkie eggs to hatch myself. about 5 to 10 eggs that won't cost me 42 bucks. Any ideas or is this about the going rate? Thanks for your time.

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Check our Auction area of the BYC forum- you'll find eggs there, and ebay, ovabid, and eggbid are all places where you can get eggs.

Be sure to ask all the right questions, like how the eggs are packed, how many hens to a roo, whether they separate the colors and if they are NPIP certified. Make sure they'll send you fresh eggs- that's important.

Watch the signatures of BYC folks, too- some of us will list what we have for sale in the sigs, and you can PM to ask details. SOme don't- I keep forgetting...I sell EEs right now, and will have lots of other things in the Spring.

Good luck!

3. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    Thank you very much!!! Very Helpful![​IMG]

4. I would also check Myers Hachery.

Matthew

5. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    also, check the where am i where are you and see if there's anyone in your area, or close enough to drive that maybe has eggs.. they may not sell on a regular basis but would be willing to for a BYC'er in the area....

6. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Quote:If you are going to buy hatchery stock eggs why would you not buy the hatchery stock chicks. The price is nearly the same for chicks if not less costly, With eggs if you get a 50% hatach you will be quite lucky. Most folks that buy eggs and have them shipped buy from breeders that choose not to ship chicks.

I know you can find any number of breeders on this site that will sell you great quality for a fair price.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by