Looking for genius idea to get a box spring up a flight of stairs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicken_angler, Jul 12, 2010.

1. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    Okay, well I am looking to see if anyone knows of a way of getting a Queen size box spring up a flight of stairs. We can get the pillowtop up the stairs because it bends but the box spring is huge and won't budge at all. If you know of any ideas of how we can get the box spring up the steps, please let me know!!! Thanks!

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Burn it and get a platform bed! [​IMG] That's what we did.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I do remember seeing my parents taking the windows out of the tracks to pull in the mattress and box springs thru it. We could not get it up to the stairs which it was narrow.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Can anyone tell me why there is a real need for box springs???????

Platform bed sounds good for those who moves alot and you dont need to buy extras.

I know my Serta box springs started to sag, it is less than five years old and it is on metal brackets with solid wood and foot heads. mattress was a piece of junk, broke down after two years sleeping on it. I know we would need to replace it so this is the fifth year and ouchy backs. Pillowtop, never again and certainly not Serta brand.

5. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    lol...........been there done that.

We used ratchet straps and forced the box spring to bend......it helped....... but wasn't pretty.

6. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Buy a Select Comfort. Just let the air out and the "box spring" is actually a platform that easily disassembles.

7. TwistedSerpent

TwistedSerpent Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    The one here had to be cut in half, then pieced together once in the room

8. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Quote:Take the banisters off. Our banisters were made to be removed when movng big objects up but you can unscrew yours. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    what ever you do ...DO NOT do what my SIL and BIL did... they but theirs inhalf, brand spanking new. well lets just say they had to throw it out a week later....lol...if hyou have a window and a couple people to help you out. tie it up and have 2 people down below holding it up off the ground and then a couple people up to to lift it up. I no longer have a box spring either they cause too much back pain :-S

10. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    We had to take out a window to get ours up the stairs. I have heard of people sawing the frame so that it would bend and then repairing it once it is in place. Good luck! We have never lived anywhere that a queen would fit up the stairs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by