Looking for genius idea to get a box spring up a flight of stairs

chicken_angler

Coop Constructist
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
a house
Okay, well I am looking to see if anyone knows of a way of getting a Queen size box spring up a flight of stairs. We can get the pillowtop up the stairs because it bends but the box spring is huge and won't budge at all. If you know of any ideas of how we can get the box spring up the steps, please let me know!!! Thanks!

Burn it and get a platform bed!
tongue.png
That's what we did.

I do remember seeing my parents taking the windows out of the tracks to pull in the mattress and box springs thru it. We could not get it up to the stairs which it was narrow.

Can anyone tell me why there is a real need for box springs???????

Platform bed sounds good for those who moves alot and you dont need to buy extras.

I know my Serta box springs started to sag, it is less than five years old and it is on metal brackets with solid wood and foot heads. mattress was a piece of junk, broke down after two years sleeping on it. I know we would need to replace it so this is the fifth year and ouchy backs. Pillowtop, never again and certainly not Serta brand.

lol...........been there done that.

We used ratchet straps and forced the box spring to bend......it helped....... but wasn't pretty.

Quote:
Take the banisters off. Our banisters were made to be removed when movng big objects up but you can unscrew yours.
old.gif
cool.png

what ever you do ...DO NOT do what my SIL and BIL did... they but theirs inhalf, brand spanking new. well lets just say they had to throw it out a week later....lol...if hyou have a window and a couple people to help you out. tie it up and have 2 people down below holding it up off the ground and then a couple people up to to lift it up. I no longer have a box spring either they cause too much back pain :-S

We had to take out a window to get ours up the stairs. I have heard of people sawing the frame so that it would bend and then repairing it once it is in place. Good luck! We have never lived anywhere that a queen would fit up the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom