Looking for hatcheries near houston,TX area

Patsys farm

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
I recently became very interested in raising chickens. I currently have 7 hens and one rooster to start in a 16' x 8' enclosure. After my many hours of searches, I have found it difficult to locate hatcheries near the Houston area. I found Mcmurray Hatcheries on the net and they sell rare breeds of birds that I am very interested in unfortunately they are shipped by mail. I would prefer selecting the birds myself and would rather NOT!! do mail order. Can anyone help??

If you order from a hatchery you will never be able to pick your birds as they will not allow you inside for fear of transferring a disease.

If you will post what kind of birds you are looking for, you will probably get some replies.

I know Pasofinafarms is in Houston and she has Golden Marans, Favorelles and a few others.

I am 125 miles south of Houston and I have Black Copper Marans, Black and White Ameraucanas, Bantam Black Cochins, and all colors of Silkies.

As mentioned above, just post what kind you want and how far you are willing to travel to pick up and you would be surprised what you come up with.

Danny D

Thank you for your response i'm interested in black, white, blue or buff silkies. sultan,buff Japanese, buff rocks, buff brahma bantam, rose comb leghorns or single comb leghorns.

I have silkie chicks currently and eggs as well. I am east of Waco. I can ship chicks or eggs or you can pick up if I'm not too far for you.

Yes, I find my home in the nicest of oil platforms! Travel to and fro from work is fun, but we manage.
lol.png

I am really South West of Houston. On Hwy 35 in Port Lavaca. Which is a little dot next to Matagorda Bay.

I just hatched out some white silkies. I think I have about 12 ~ 18 of them left. I would be more than willing to set you up some whites and blacks in the bator if you are interested.

Email me at [email protected].

Danny D

Hey, who are you offering these to? LOL

Danny, Im on day 11 in the bator on you white eggs. Do you only have white and blacks laying right now? LMK

Kristen

Back
Top Bottom