Looking for Hatching eggs in OK

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mhaines4102, Jun 16, 2009.

1. mhaines4102

mhaines4102 Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    I am looking to buy hatching eggs in Oklahoma. I want several dozen and would like to find folks wiling to sell me eggs often. I hatch and sell chicks. I only ask that the eggs be pure, i.e. not mutts. Other than that, breed really isn't all that important. I would rather not buy leghorns because people just won't buy them. I am willing to pay for the eggs, but It generally isn't feasible to pay more than 8.00/dozen since being straight run, they will sell for around 2.00/chick. For some breeds I will go higher. I like to hatch 96 eggs at a time rotating in the sportster. I am hoping to find several folks willing to sell me a dozen or more here or there so that I get a good variety of breeds. If I hatch 24 one week and 96 the next, that is fine with me.

2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Even though I live in OK, to get the eggs to you, I would have to ship. Are you interested in having eggs shipped to you?

3. mhaines4102

mhaines4102 Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    Yes, I'm interested.

4. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    What part of Oklahoma do you live in? I am working on my coop now, and I plan to raise Black Australorps. If you wish I can give you my email, and when I get them laying, I would be more than happy to let you know. CJ

5. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Crowing

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I apologize I just noticed that you live in Stroud, Oklahoma. I am located in Durant, Oklahoma. CJ

6. dizzychicken

dizzychicken Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    I have hatching eggs and I am located around Atoka. If you want to pick them up, I can do $8 a dozen, if you want them shipped then it is $15. I have Ameraucanas.

7. mhaines4102

mhaines4102 Songster

Jul 26, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    Quote:I could pick them up. How often do you get a few dozen? I have to go that way pretty often.

8. okiehen

okiehen Songster

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm at Spiro Oklahoma.
    I have welsummer, golden lakenvelder, blue andalusian, and a sex link cross welsummer rooster x barred rock hens. All are pure but the sex link cross they are cooped by breed.
    Right now my hens have took a dramatic drop in egg laying its the heat I'm sure. I can do when the hens are laying in a week , 1 doz each of the welsummer and lakenvelder, 2 doz each of the andalusian and sex link cross. PM me if your interested.

9. dizzychicken

dizzychicken Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    Quote:I could pick them up. How often do you get a few dozen? I have to go that way pretty often.

I get a dozen every 4 days. I have about 18 right now, but there are a few cinnamon queen eggs in there.

How many dozen are you wanting? I have a friend that has Rhode Island red, barred rocks and buff orpingtons.

10. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    MH, I am replying to your PM [​IMG]

Cammy, I sent you an email [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: