Looking for hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AmyJ, Jun 16, 2009.

1. AmyJ

AmyJ Songster

Jan 21, 2009
    Wallkill, NY
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any extra eggs for hatching available. My 5 year old daughter, Emily, really wants to hatch some eggs.She keeps asking if we can get eggs and do it. This would be our first try at hatching. We got our first chicks in March and she loves them so much! I really would like to surprise her with some eggs! [​IMG]

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Are you looking for a specific breed? I have some purebred eggs that I sell. I also have mutt eggs (EE roo over blue rock, EE, RIR, and Silkie/EE hens) that I could send you for the cost of shipping.

3. I've got all kinds of hatching eggs! [​IMG] What kind are you looking for?

4. AmyJ

AmyJ Songster

Jan 21, 2009
    Wallkill, NY
    My daughter said she wanted all different colored eggs. She loves looking on BYC [​IMG] But said she really wants blue and pink and chocolate eggs. So I think she would like Easter Eggers, Ameraucanas? We have some brown egg layers that hopefully will be laying soon. But I dont think it would really matter, she would probably like anything. Thanks for your replies!

5. southernchicks

southernchicks In the Brooder

Jun 16, 2009
    Hurley, MS
    I have some Old English Game Hen + Black Plymouth Rock Rooster eggs and also some New England Red + Black Plymouth Rock Rooster eggs.

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I could do an assortment next week if you're interested? There would be LF mix, bantam mix, white silkies, coturnix quail, and possibly some duck or button quail eggs as well. Or I can do a 'batch' of 6+ on the LF, or 6+ on the mixed bantams and silkies together. Can't do a full batch of ducks or buttons, since they aren't laying that good right now. Of course the coturnix quail could be more, I'm getting up to 18 eggs a day [​IMG] Your daughter would like those, they are white, brown, or blue colored eggs with brown spots on them. The buttons' eggs are very tiny, and green or dark brown eggs with brown spots. Just in case [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  7. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:I have green/blue, cream, pink, brown, and "chocolate" (Marans) eggs if you're interested.

8. I can do blue, green, white, brown, and chocolate! An assoted dozen for $20 and that is shipped. [​IMG]

9. steve2495

steve2495 Songster

May 17, 2009
    Lake Forest Illinois
    if u rly want friendly chickens that ur daughter can pet and hold for hours and look like little fluff balls u should get some banty cochins [​IMG] [​IMG] pm me

10. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I have EE they lay blue/green eggs. I sell one dozen for $18 shipped.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: