looking for Malaysian Seramas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChiefCrazyChicken, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ChiefCrazyChicken

ChiefCrazyChicken New Egg

Mar 10, 2009
    OREGON
    I am in Oregon and am looking for anyone in the area that raises these. I had a trio but our lovely mini dox just mauled the rooster and the dog will longer be a part of our farm- If you know of anyone in the western states please help! I can find nobody.
    purebred piebald mini dox availble for cheap- (was) awesome 2 yr old dog that belongs with a homebody city house.
    Thanks

Please email me @ [email protected]

2. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    I am so sorry about your rooster. Sorry for the dachsie too. :eek:(

We had to rehome 2 Old English Mastiff's for the same reason.

They were absolutely wonderful dogs, all we said we'd ever have.....but we could not break them of the habit of munching our birds. Even when we put them in a fenced yard within a fenced yard....they would wait for bird to come close and pull it through the fencing.....it was awful.

Anyway, I have the beginnings of my Serama flock. 16 foundation birds that I have hatched out from several different breeders.

The oldest 5 of them are 4 months old and one little pullet has just begun to lay.

I am into serama's because I love the breed. They are the funniest, sassiest, silliest little bunch o' feathers aren't they?

I am not (at this point) into showing them, improving the breed, culling the imperfects...etc...I am still in learning mode.

I make no claims as to how typy they are, what letter....these are pets.

I have a bunch of roosters, more than I believe I'll need. All sorts of colors and sizes.

I just don't know how I'd get them to Oregon. I imagine shipping and handling would be way too hard on them.

We are in southern New Mexico.

Deb

3. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    I am in central WA and raise them. I had chicks for sale, but now they are all gone unless you want a rooster. I had 70% of the chicks I hatched be roosters. 6 week olds are the oldest I have. Where in oreon are you?

4. brentjohnf

brentjohnf Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    Louisiana
  5. ChiefCrazyChicken

ChiefCrazyChicken New Egg

Mar 10, 2009
    OREGON
    Hey Ondra!

I think I missed you at the Stevenson Show!
    I ended up buying a pair from Shirly Gilbert But would like to get a few more- I loved her silkied hen- I amy even venture to buy a pair of those from Jerry- ANy good leads on Serama on the west coast??

take care

Jon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by