Looking for neighboors in illinois

Been to the Kewanee Swap before many years ago while I was a student at BHE...what memories I got of that college and now it grew so big that I could not recognized it when I drove by there!

Avanti's is the HOT spot for us to go to eat. We never leave Peoria or Bloomington without checking Avanti's to take home sandwiches and bread! Yummy!

Midget, my friend out in Brimfield does not have any Buffs nor know of anyone else that has them. Seems like they are slim pickings out here! They are really in demand too! Wish you all the luck if you can find some!

Tell you what guys - I want to get a nice set of 8 hens with 1 rooster to produce eggs. I may get a couple of play chickens for the kids as well, we have one frizzle hen & I'd like to find a mate for her.

Then since there is such a need around here for orpingtons I may hatch a few of the eggs & start selling those as well. @ $10 each it wouldn't take long to make up for the cost.

I want buff orps because they are supposed to be really tame, they look good & the produce a good amount of eggs. Plus - I want a large bird so they wont jump my fence all the time.

Hi everyone. Just found this sight today and I decided to join.
big_smile.png
I am loving everything so far.

Glad to see that there are others nearby. My family and I live north of Dunlap, Illlinois. Would love to chat with anyone near here. Maybe swap advice, chicks, etc....
hmm.png

My family and I have chickens, geese, peacocks, turkeys, guineas, quail and pheasants. Oh, yeah, and a duck that just wandered up our driveway when he/she was only about a week old.

We've raised chickens and turkeys for about 20 years with the exception of the time we lived 'in town'. So we decided to venture out and try other feathered animals.

I am going to mosey along now. Hope to hear from others in the central illinois area.
Cindy

Hello Central Illinois,

I just wanted to say hi. Manito IL here. I have 2 light Brahma's, 2 Black Australopes, & 1 Buff Orphington. Looking for some Buff Orphington chicks. Maybe a couple of Guineas this summer.

Talk to you later,
Matt

Hello from NW Illinois. I'm located between Rockford and Galena, Illinois. I have 11 RIR, 2 White Rock, 1 barred Rock (all of these are hens), Ialso have 3 speckeld sussex ( 2 hens & a roo), 3 aracaunas (2 hens anda roo), 3 black astrolorp (2 hens and a roo), 2 lakenvelders (both hens), 3 pekin ducks anda cayuga duck.

I'm wanting to get more cayugas and some geese. We're also going to try turkeys this year.

Besides alll of these birds I also have 3 dogs , about 20 barn cats, 9 rabbits and now have 28 goats, 12 of these are just kids born within the last month.
welcome-byc.gif

I live in the city of Peoria and would love to raise 3-4 chickens primarily for eggs. Does anyone know of any formal group in Peoria that is working to get the ordinances changed?
Thanks.

I live in Dunlap - I don't know of any formal groups in the area. Just us.

What are the rules on chickens in Peoria? Roosters? none? I don't know.

I do know that if your zoned R1 - residential you can have anything agriculture you want, cows, pigs yatta yatta. But that's all outiside the city limits I beleive.

Quote:
Sadly, the ordinances don't allow any chickens whatsoever in the city. After I read that, I called the City to make sure I understood, and got the incredulous, "if you want chickens why did you buy a house in the city?" spiel. Backyard chicken keeping hasn't caught on here, like it has in my home city.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom