Looking for Non Poisonous Vines for over Chicken Run

Camelot Farm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 16, 2013
Cheshire, CT
Hello all,
I'm new to this board. I present have 6 hens (1 Buff Orphinton, 5 Golden Comets)...I am getting 10 more pullets in April and oh what lovely breeds!!!!! Am very excited about getting them. ....... We have just ordered a 10 x 20 kennel type
to put up before the new girls arrive. My question is about shade. I have ordered 2 shade clothes for now for the top, but
was wondering if any one has expert knowledge about a lovely vine plant called "Silver Lace". I would luv to plant it around
the sides of the kennel fencing for shade, but I cannot find any research online if or if it is not toxic to chickens? Anyone have
any experience with Silver Lace.

Regards to all,
Cindy
Camelot.......

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

How about honeysuckle? I don't think its poisonous, but you will need to google it. It sure would smell good!!

The run here is covered, mostly, with a tarp. During the summer I hang upside down tomato plants from the wire. Vines never occurred to me, but I like being able to see what the girls are up to. Plus if they get lucky they can snag the occasional tomato...

The run here is covered, mostly, with a tarp. During the summer I hang upside down tomato plants from the wire. Vines never occurred to me, but I like being able to see what the girls are up to. Plus if they get lucky they can snag the occasional tomato...
Tomato plants are considered toxic to animals and people

Upside down tomatoes?! That sounds brilliant!!!! Wait... how does the dirt stay in? And how do you water them? I guess I found my next google search...

Back
Top Bottom