Looking for Orpingtons Chicks or Hens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by olliefarms, Aug 24, 2008.

1. olliefarms

olliefarms New Egg

Aug 24, 2008
    We live in Putnam county (New York) and have just started out. We are looking for some Orpingtons. Let us know if you have any for sale.

Thanks
    Amy

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    What color?

3. olliefarms

olliefarms New Egg

Aug 24, 2008
    We were thinking buff or black.

4. Banty Rooster

Banty Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2008
    Cullman, Al.
    Quote:i am setting some buff bitties today and they will hatch in 3 weeks, how many would you like. I can ship them to you. 3.50 a piece plus shipping good healthy birds

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Plenty of Buff breeders in here....however a handful of Black Orps breeders in here and some Blue Orps breeders that have Black Orps in their flock would help you out.

Jody, SpeckledHen, BamaChicken, TuffoldHen, Yogiman and Miss Prissy are the ones you can contact here on BYC...Im certain there are a few more in here!

6. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    You can order Buff Orphs from Ideal Hatchery for about $2.69 each if I remember correctly. You can get 10 and the total including shipping would be about $36.00. They are usually in stock and may even be able to have them shipped to you on Wednesday if they have them available. They usually hatch on Tuesdays and ship on Wednesday and you would get them Friday or Saturday.

Jayare

7. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Ideal Poultry has buff orp pullet chicks for $2.14 each and they will be shipped on Sept. 10th.

8. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    For 9 chicks with the Marek's vaccination is $28.16. That is reasonably priced. Let us know if you get any!

9. olliefarms

olliefarms New Egg

Aug 24, 2008
    We teamed up with a friend an placed an order for some Buff Orpingtons, some Brahmas and some Silver Lace Wyandottes and should be getting them towards the end of September.
    Thank you for your help!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  10. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Who did you place the order from? Ideal hatchery?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by