Looking for pattern for homemade chicken diaper

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Queen of the Lilliputians, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    I too am looking for the pattern....is there anyway you could send to me [​IMG]

2. Aun <HIS><

Aun <HIS>< Songster

Jun 28, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I don't think I can add an attachment to the byc email, but if anyone wants to email me, I can add the jpg attachment out of my email program. Make sense?

Trust me though, it's a REALLY rough drawing! Check out my previous post on this thread for the directions.

Hope you can understand it!

Aundrea [​IMG]

edited to fix my smiley... bleh [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

To post a picture you have to upload it to the server. As for email, if you send a short message and they reply, it will be their email address.

4. 2mnypets

2mnypets Songster

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
  5. Aun <HIS><

Aun <HIS>< Songster

Jun 28, 2007
    New Hampshire
    so I finally got a pic of the chicken diaper up. I'm sorry it's small, I really don't know how to do this computer stuff.

So, you whip stitch around the bottom of the circle to form the poo pocket. Just cut a slit there at the top, and that's where the chicken's head goes in. Put 1/2 pad into the poo pocket. So, put the chicken's head in the slit, pull the diaper under the chicken, and adjust the poo pocket under the vent, then tie the two pieces together on top, at the base of the tail. With some chickens that are especially good at wiggling out of the diaper, I make the tap at the top really long, so it goes down the back, and ties to the two straps on top of the tail. After you get the slit over the head, just pull it down so the crop is out. It should fit pretty loose, you can always cut the slit a bit longer to make sure it isn't tight at all. Remember to use a really stretchy fabric that you don't have to hem. Then you can make a bunch of them really quick and easy. A whip stitch just has the needle go in, leave a space, up, space, in, space, up, space.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. joebwe25

joebwe25 Songster

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    [​IMG]
    Hey terrielacy, where do ya get that smiley?

7. SweetLilRachy00

SweetLilRachy00 Songster

Oct 30, 2007
    Simpsonville, SC
    THANKS SO MUCH! I CAN MAKE SOMETHING BASED ON THAT!

8. oconnorfamily25

oconnorfamily25 Chirping

Jul 19, 2010
    We are getting little silkie chicks and I would like to carry them around the house to imprint on them. Is there a way to make disposable diapers for little chickies?

9. madditremaine

madditremaine In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2014
    Lyles Tennessee
    That looks so nice! I want to keep and injured girl inside for a bit. Her scales on the toes have been scraped and scratched and its painful to move so I brought her in so she could have a little protection. (Shes only six weeks) but itbwas so hard to find a pattern that was good. Also, does anyone know if any kinds of salves are okay for chickens? For no infection and easy healing? Like antibiotic ointment? I have a lot. Thanks!!

10. Ladyeviv

Ladyeviv In the Brooder

Apr 5, 2015
    Mesa. AZ
    Maybe try coconut oil for the feet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: