Looking for pattern for homemade chicken diaper

I too am looking for the pattern....is there anyway you could send to me
smile.png

I don't think I can add an attachment to the byc email, but if anyone wants to email me, I can add the jpg attachment out of my email program. Make sense?

Trust me though, it's a REALLY rough drawing! Check out my previous post on this thread for the directions.

Hope you can understand it!

Aundrea
big_smile.png

edited to fix my smiley... bleh
hmm.png

Last edited:
so I finally got a pic of the chicken diaper up. I'm sorry it's small, I really don't know how to do this computer stuff.

So, you whip stitch around the bottom of the circle to form the poo pocket. Just cut a slit there at the top, and that's where the chicken's head goes in. Put 1/2 pad into the poo pocket. So, put the chicken's head in the slit, pull the diaper under the chicken, and adjust the poo pocket under the vent, then tie the two pieces together on top, at the base of the tail. With some chickens that are especially good at wiggling out of the diaper, I make the tap at the top really long, so it goes down the back, and ties to the two straps on top of the tail. After you get the slit over the head, just pull it down so the crop is out. It should fit pretty loose, you can always cut the slit a bit longer to make sure it isn't tight at all. Remember to use a really stretchy fabric that you don't have to hem. Then you can make a bunch of them really quick and easy. A whip stitch just has the needle go in, leave a space, up, space, in, space, up, space.

chickendiaper.jpg

We are getting little silkie chicks and I would like to carry them around the house to imprint on them. Is there a way to make disposable diapers for little chickies?

That looks so nice! I want to keep and injured girl inside for a bit. Her scales on the toes have been scraped and scratched and its painful to move so I brought her in so she could have a little protection. (Shes only six weeks) but itbwas so hard to find a pattern that was good. Also, does anyone know if any kinds of salves are okay for chickens? For no infection and easy healing? Like antibiotic ointment? I have a lot. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom