Looking for Peck feeder!

dimlight85

Chirping
6 Years
May 4, 2014
Several years ago, I purchased a feeder that I thought I linked to from this site and I cannot remember what it was called or where I found it. We just bought chicks again and my neighbor has my old feeder. He likes it and so I’m trying to find another to purchase for him.

Basically, it’sa metal cross with a plastic paddle on the top and at the base of the cross is a molded plastic piece. It just inserts into a hole you drill in the center of the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket that you fill with feed. A plate of some kind sorts under on the ground and the chickens peck the piece hanging and feed falls on the plate. It’s like the Peck-o-matic but was only about $9 for just this insert. It’s works really well!

Anyone know the name or the link to it?? I think it was actually shipped from somewhere in Europe if I remember correctly.

Several years ago, I purchased a feeder that I thought I linked to from this site and I cannot remember what it was called or where I found it. We just bought chicks again and my neighbor has my old feeder. He likes it and so I’m trying to find another to purchase for him.

Basically, it’sa metal cross with a plastic paddle on the top and at the base of the cross is a molded plastic piece. It just inserts into a hole you drill in the center of the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket that you fill with feed. A plate of some kind sorts under on the ground and the chickens peck the piece hanging and feed falls on the plate. It’s like the Peck-o-matic but was only about $9 for just this insert. It’s works really well!

Anyone know the name or the link to it?? I think it was actually shipped from somewhere in Europe if I remember correctly.
No idea, but as someone who has spent $$$ on the Peck-o-matic feeders, I’m quite curious about this low cost alternative! I have seen people use an eyebolt for the hanging piece.

Back
Top Bottom