Looking for pullets in this batch

New Chick2

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014

I have a coop full of araucana, Americauna, and Easter Eggers and I am hoping there are at least a couple of hens in there. Problem is, I seem to be completely incapable of figuring all of this out. So, please help and then let me in on how you can tell on each of the birds. :) thanks for helping me to learn.

Top one is roo, patchy coloring and red in shoulders

Front two are roos, patchy coloring

Roo on the bucket, roos to the left, patchy coloring and large three row combs

Three to the right are roos, left might be one also

I have a coop full of araucana, Americauna, and Easter Eggers and I am hoping there are at least a couple of hens in there. Problem is, I seem to be completely incapable of figuring all of this out. So, please help and then let me in on how you can tell on each of the birds.
smile.png
thanks for helping me to learn.
Basically look for patchy coloring, and red in the shoulders, along with large three row combs.

So, not to sound as totally nieve as I am, but, are you saying you think the white one might be a hen? And the one on the bucket?

How can you tell?? I've heard differing ideas like large red combs, double or triple combs all indicating Roos but even those with smaller combs and plainer colors have been tagged as roosters here. In my other flock, I have hens with giant bright red combs. I really need to get better at this....

EE pullets for the most part, like 99% of the time have nice even patterns! the male EE will have messy patterns like most of your do. Male EE with the rusty patches on the shoulders and wings is a Roo trait.

Back
Top Bottom