LOOKING FOR QUIET EGG LAYERS!!

I have 2 barred rocks and 6 BO's and one of my barred rocks thinks it is a roo! It is so loud. Whenever I am out by the coop I am telling her to shush. It is really funny. The minute I open the doors at 7 am she runs out and starts squawking. The BO's are only 5 months but they still just peep.

my ameraucanas are the quietest. My buff orpingtons are not particularly loud, but the black sex links have definitely been the loudest. I love the noise, though. If you have a somewhat soundproof coop where they lay their eggs that will help too. I've put noisy roosters in the barn to cut down on noise.

We have red sex links. They are quiet most of the time. They do have their moments. They seem to be very quiet layers. Every day is a little bit different though.

So far, I only have one layer, and I was actually thinking about how I read that hens get all loud when they lay.

My one layer is an EE and she has laid me an egg everyday since a last Wednesday and never squawks. She lays in my garage and is very covert about it.

Ok every one I have my bo that's in the stage of getting ready to start leying today in the afternoon I herd her yelping this crazy barrak sound over and over wings arched and panting now I thought mabe first egg.? But nothing how will I know when her first egg will come

Back
Top Bottom