Looking for Salmon faverolle pullets

lil bird lady1

Chirping
Feb 1, 2017
I can't seem to find laying salmon hens anywhere. I would prefer to get them as adults instead of as chicks because I got them as chicks almost a year ago and they all but one turned out to be roosters. I only have one hen and I would like to have more salmons because so far they are my favorite breed. The only trouble is that I can't find any for sale near me. I live in the Huntsville area of Alabama. If anyone within an hour or two of me has any available I'd be more than happy to buy a few. I also plan on breeding them eventually.

Greetings from Kansas, lil bird lady, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Sorry about your rooster experience with the SFs you ordered. Most reputable hatcheries have a 90+% accuracy rate on identifying and sending your the the gender you requested. You might trying posting in the AL thread in the link below and seeing inf a local can point you in the right direction: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Another option is locate the SF thread in the Breeds Forum in the following link and see if perhaps other keepers of that breed can assist you in acquiring some. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/general-breed-discussions-faq
Best wishes and I hope you find the birds you seek!

G’Day from down under lil bird lady1
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, living in Aus I am not able to assist you with your chicken search. However, redsoxs has given you some good starting points.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us, I hope you find the birds you're looking for!

You could also check for a Salmon faverolle's thread to see if anyone is near you. The males are generally much darker & different colored than the females.

Hey there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens!!! I am so glad you decided to join our big, happy family! Please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom