Looking for Snowflake quail.

However, I will never raise snowflake bw's again. They are extremely aggressive.
I had 10 if my butlers and 10 of my coturnix chicks not to mention 12 of my snowflakes killed by the other snowflakes. They pecked their beaks off. I was at work when it happened. I came home to the aftermath of the gruesome scene. I caught the remaining 2 snowflakes pecking on the nostrils of 3 of the remaining coturnix.

However, I will never raise snowflake bw's again. They are extremely aggressive.
I had 10 if my butlers and 10 of my coturnix chicks not to mention 12 of my snowflakes killed by the other snowflakes. They pecked their beaks off. I was at work when it happened. I came home to the aftermath of the gruesome scene. I caught the remaining 2 snowflakes pecking on the nostrils of 3 of the remaining coturnix.
they are beautiful but deadly ... The same thing happened to me . I separated the only 4 that hatched and for some reason 2 died ... So now I'm only left with 2 snowflakes... I heard that they are super aggressive because they are a mutation gene... I ordered eggs this time I'm only going to hatch them out and no other breed with them... I had them peck at the legs and feet... And eyes of my bobwhite, and Coturnix . :barnie

Last edited:
All I know is I have 5 adult male snowflakes getting ready to hit freezer camp. I have 2 chick anowflakes that will be heading that way once they get drier size. I'll never get another snowflake.

All I know is I have 5 adult male snowflakes getting ready to hit freezer camp. I have 2 chick anowflakes that will be heading that way once they get drier size. I'll never get another snowflake.

Just curious if anyone has tried outcrossing the snowflakes to normal colored bobs with good temperaments and then crossing those offspring back to other outcrossed snowflake/normal bobs? The F1 and F2 generation and beyond can have less aggression especially if you used the best to outcross with.

Back
Top Bottom