Looking for some fertile pigeon eggs.

Hi, I am looking for some fertile pigeon eggs to hatch and start my own loft. I would be much grateful if anybody helps with it. Also very much interested in homing pigeon eggs. Thank you.
You’d be better off buying some pigeons. Squabs aren’t like chicken chicks where they’re fairly independent upon hatch, pigeon babies are very reliant on their parents for feeding. If you start with some young squeakers then with a little time and work they can become very friendly and accustomed to you.

Pigeons hatch altricial. This mean they are totally dependant on the parents to care for them. So I do t think It a good idea to hatch eggs, unless you do tons of research. I do occasionally get extra eggs, but I still think you should go ahead and buy some adult birds :)

Where are you located? If you are by chance close to middle TN, I'll set you up with some young birds.

Pigeons hatch altricial. This mean they are totally dependant on the parents to care for them. So I do t think It a good idea to hatch eggs, unless you do tons of research. I do occasionally get extra eggs, but I still think you should go ahead and buy some adult birds :)

Where are you located? If you are by chance close to middle TN, I'll set you up with some young birds.
Hi, I am in Missouri and I will be flying back to my home soon. Also I have pigeons back there so I was curious if I could take some racing pigeons egg and make them hatch. Thank you for your suggestion and offer.

I am in central Illinois and could supply you with young pigeons as well. I primarily raise pure white homing pigeons. If I was starting over I would consider rollers as well. They are really entertaining to watch fly around.

I am looking for some fertile pigeon eggs to hatch

This is what a "FIVE DAY" old squab looks like.

1) A one day old pigeon is "BLIND" not the size of the egg.
2) Would require "HAND" feedings "EVERY 2 HOURS"!
3) Food can not be to "TOO HOT OR TOO COLD".
4) Must be kept "WARM" in addition.
5) Jump started with"pigeon milk"that can not be duplicated
6) "FIVE DAY OLDS" have more than tripled in size!

I have 70+ trips around the sun. I have raised pigeons for decades.
What you are attempting is "FOOL HEARTY".
I would rather give you a pair pigeons than to see you attempt what you are planning.

Research the situation for yourself on "GOOGLE".
ANY PIGEON FANCIER WILL TELL YOU

"BUY YOUNG SQUEAKERS"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom