Looking for some information 3 day old chick issues

GT Farm

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 30, 2013
Las Vegas
I have a 3 day old chick, not really sure what breed she is. Since we brought her home with the other 17 chicks, she has been acting very sluggish. She is also the smallest thing I have ever seen. I seperated her from the rest, she was get trampled alot. I have been watching her, and she doesn't seem to want to eat or drink anything. I used a dropper and she drank water just fine, she even got to the point where she was looking for the dropper. So I dried to get her to eat, with no luck. So I waited for her to open her mouth to complain, and through a piece of crumble in there. She eat it up right away. But she will not eat unless I hold her and force her to eat. She is so tiny everytime she puts her head back to drink she kinda falls backwards, like she is top heavy. She does not get around very well. Any insight would be great. Am I doing the right thing? Anything else I can do for her?

I think this chick is blind or doesn't see very well. I still having to feed it, I tried just holding the food right in front of her face, no reaction

If your reading this then its too late, I went to feed the little thing and she had passed away. I am a little disappointed in the forum, I did get a single reply or hint of advice

im sorry no one got back to you i noticed the post right after the last one.

if the chick was truly blind i don't think she could have been helped anyways

thats the thing with chickens you w=always have to be prepared to loose some. she may have had some other problem but some babies just have it tough

sorry for your loss

~Tongiechick
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom