Looking for some shipping advice (money related, not packing related)

Quote:
They don't ship them to your house? Mine come right to my house, the mailman even drives up the 1/4 mile driveway to deliver them so I don't have to pack them up from the box
smile.png

X2

Quote:
You have to ask to have them weighed and if the weight charge is cheaper then the flat rate charge - they will only charge you that. But you do have to ask them.

Flat rate boxes are free, I was quoted a fee for the others. Maybe because my local PO is so teeny, they have a stocking charge if others can get other boxes free. I don't know. I can ask. All I know is when I wanted a box, the clerk was going to charge me for a box, told me I could have all the flat rate boxes I wanted free, and that she could weigh it and charge less if it turned out to be less. And that they liked the flat rate boxes because they went right through the machines and didn't need to be handled - as opposed to any random box I might come up with which may have needed to be handled at any number of steps.

I've never shipped eggs, but my family and I are forever sending packages to each other and we have the flat rate boxes weighed and pay the lesser of the 2 charges. Sometimes the flat rate, sometimes not. Just thought someone might find that info helpful. Especially as there are gremlins in a nearby shipping hub and the less I need to have my packages touched by them (as opposed to just sliding through the conveyors) - the better they get there!!

AROUND HERE IF ITS IN A FLAT RATE BOX ITS FLAT RATE... I EVEN TRIED TO USE 1 ONCE WITH PRIORITY MAIL DECALS OVER THE "FLAT RATE" PRINTED ON THE SIDE--NO NO, MUST PAY FLAT RATE FEE... BE CAREFUL TRYING THIS IT CAN AND WILL BACKFIRE ON YOU. REGULAR PRIORITY MAIL BOXES ARE SHIPPED TO YOU FREE JUST AS STATED HERE AS FEW AS 10 OR AS MANY AS YOU WANT. SIMPLY ORDER THRU THE POSTAL STORE WEBSITE, SAME WITH LABELS, PRIORITY MAIL DECALS, AND DELIVERY CONF. DECALS..

Quote:
I had a very bad experience with some eggs that were shipped to me in an egg carton, only one made it, and all the other people that sold me eggs had shipped with out the egg carton and they all have made it just fine.
I will not ship eggs in an egg carton, cause I would't want t done to me
wink.png

I wrap every egg individually in bubble wrap and then, I wrap them in thicker bubble wrap to protect them even more, and then he box if filled with peanuts very tight, an so far not more than 3 cracked eggs in close to 50 shipping boxes.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/fo...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_017.jpg

That works for chicken eggs, I don't like using egg cartons on those either. But with quail eggs, the cartons seem to hold them steady better.

Quote:
That's the point, you don't need to use flat rate boxes. The medium flat rate box is only 5 1/2 inches high, the #4 box is 7 inches.

The # 4 box is 7" X 7" X 6" high. I use them and double box them in #7 boxes.

Quote:
That's the point, you don't need to use flat rate boxes. The medium flat rate box is only 5 1/2 inches high, the #4 box is 7 inches.

The # 4 box is 7" X 7" X 6" high. I use them and double box them in #7 boxes.

Yes I know
smile.png

Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom