looking for started pullets - central illinois

delfargo

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
some corn field in central il.
it's been years since i posted here. when i first got started in the chicken & egg hobby, this was a source of very good information, and it's good to see the place is still the same. I'm looking to expand my "hobby" into a small business and am looking to find 100, possibly 200 started pullets to buy in the central Illinois area. brown egg layers. any info would be greatly appreciated.

200 started pullets will empty your wallet. Any reason you just don't want to start with chicks at much lower cost??? Just a thought..
WISHING YOU BEST AND A RE WELCOME.
welcome-byc.gif
AGAIN

The co-op I am a member of has a supplier that sells started pullets for $7-$10 per bird, which, after figuring in feed & equipment costs, and time (time is money) it's money well spent and evens out vs. ordering and caring for the day old chicks. Only problem with that reasonably priced supplier is it is located a long drive away, so I was hoping to find something closer. Not having any luck finding anywhere that isn't charging $15-$20 per bird. Looks like I'm in for a long drive.

Back
Top Bottom