looking like a rooster?

Sorry, cockerel. I had a bird that age which was giving me troubles up until about 20 weeks old. It was so hard to tell the gender. Everyone told me he was a pullet, and that is why I have to tell you the truth, and not to get your hopes up over it being a pullet like I did.

So far there are 4 votes for cockerel and 5 for pullet ... I personally think it is cockerel so we are back to even 5 each way
wink.png

Seeing we are taking bets here, I'll keep rosemary around for a little longer. I'll post back once rose starts crowing or lays her first egg.. sadly those tail feathers are making me think cockerel

What do you mean, keep her/him around for a little longer? I am still with cockerel. Beautiful little boy, though!
Keep me posted!

~chickenchick

I can't keep roosters where I live. So I was going to sell rosemary to a good home. Breaks my heart though because rose loves cuddles
1f622.png

I can't keep roosters where I live. So I was going to sell rosemary to a good home. Breaks my heart though because rose loves cuddles
1f622.png

I wouldn't give up on Rose yet. With so many of us divided on the fence this is obviously not an easy call and if donrae and junebuggena are both leaning toward pullet, there still a good chance Rose could turn out to be a pullet. I would suggest re-posting Rose's photo in a few weeks. By then Rose's gender should be real obvious.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that roos aren't aloud where you live. It happens to the best of us chicken people. Except for me, I guess...
hu.gif
if I count as the best of us!
If Rosemary is a he then he isn't a roo yet. He/she is too young to crow, so your neighbors won't be bothered by him/her. I am not sure at all on the gender, though, so give some more good pics later and we can see how Rose looks. He/she is such an adorable bird. I can't wait to see more pics!
Good luck!

~chickenchick

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom