Looking to add EE's

I have 4 and they are all different. Three are 23 weeks and one just laid her 1st egg yesterday (and another today...I'm a little giddy). The one who is laying is a total character. She is friendly, outgoing and curious, she hangs out with our dog and follows us around. One was very friendly, my daughters favorite but in the last few weeks since we have added two younger girls she has gotten very cranky and is always grumbling. Another one is very independant and is always escaping. The last is one of the younger ones and is very skiddish. None of them are aggressive and all tolerate being held once caught.
I don't know if that helps but I guess it shows that they are all very different and I think more handling will make them more friendly.

I have 4 EE girls. Each one is it's own little chicken. One is kinda skittish (but better now then she used to be), one is indifferent to me except in the case of treats. Another one is cuddly if I pick her up and doesn't mind a good petting. Then there's Emmy, my favorite. She is my loviest chicken, she'll hop up on my lap at any opportunity and cuddle right up. She coos and purrs when I pet her. Her bill is crossed, so she is my "special needs" girl, but well worth anything extra she takes to care for. I adore her.

12104_emmy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom