Looking to buy an incubator

I HATE my homemade incubator. The temp and humidity swings are so frustrating because it looks fine and it'll be fine for a couple hrs then all of a sudden the humidity is way up and then I lose most of my eggs. I don't have a very large flock so I don't need a large incubator I'm looking for something that will control the temp. Probably doesn't help that we live in an old farm house and the room temp fluctuates. This is what I found on chewy. Just wondering if anyone has used this model and what your thoughts were and if it's worth buying or what else you'd recommend. Thanks
I have two of this model, that I rent out once a month except mine has the automatic turner, I highly recommend this incubator, it is the best one I have ever had! All you have to do for the one with the automatic turner is add water to the external water pot every 1-2 days. I have had people who have never hatched or raised chicks before get 100% hatch rates with this incubator! The only downside is I have found it doesn’t work as well for more exotic species like Peafowl.

I HATE my homemade incubator. The temp and humidity swings are so frustrating because it looks fine and it'll be fine for a couple hrs then all of a sudden the humidity is way up and then I lose most of my eggs. I don't have a very large flock so I don't need a large incubator I'm looking for something that will control the temp. Probably doesn't help that we live in an old farm house and the room temp fluctuates. This is what I found on chewy. Just wondering if anyone has used this model and what your thoughts were and if it's worth buying or what else you'd recommend. Thanks
I'm late to this conversation but I bought a 12 egg Kebonnixs incubator in June. I have done two hatches with it and found it easy to use and really reliable. I got the eggs on ebay through the mail so some were never developed for one reason or another but the ones that developed embryos all hatched. I kinda wish I had borrowed an incubator instead of spending $90 though so if anyone wants to borrow it your welcome. Otherwise I'm gonna try using it as a sprouting greenhouse. Good luck to you, let us know how it turns out.

I cut the hole in the side as a window then realized that was a dumb idea so I out the styrofoam piece back in and made one on top. It did kind of come in handy though with the temp swings because if it got a little too hot/ humid I could open it a little or I could shut it a little usually overnight when it's cooler and I need to keep the humidity in. What's hard is that temp and humidity are fine and will stay the same for hours then all of a sudden humidity is up to 80. I have one more live egg in there I may just take a chance and put it under my broody hen. The door is open all the way because humidity is too high
Just noticed you posted a picture of it. I got no notification on this post.

I can see problems with your design. I don't like still air diy, too much tinkering to balance temperature and humidity. Convection is way better and easier with a digital temperature controller.

Sorry to see you spend money on mfg incubator. Hope it works well for you.

Back
Top Bottom