Looking to buy chickens to show

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenchickenbulkbulk, Oct 2, 2010.

1. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    I am looking to buy chickens to show. I live in Scioto County, Ohio. If anyone is selling in this area. Please leave me a message. I'm not looking for any particular breed. My grand daughter is interesting in showing. I told her I would ask around. Thanks ChickenChickenBulkBulk [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  2. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    you should have gone to the Lucasville show this weekend. everyone packs up around noon sunday.

3. HarmonyOaks

HarmonyOaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Calaveras County
    Hello.

I have very nice Dark Brahma Bantams from top breeders (ones having attained Master Breeder Merit Awards) that I started to show last year. They are a very docile breed which makes them a good choice for 4-H and FFA Projects.

Pictures of parents and two offspring can be found in my auction for eggs (which ends in 2 hours so you may need to look for it in the archives).

If you would prefer a different breed, may I suggest you look at bidbirds.com; this website was started by a top wyandotte exhibitor, and many people who exhibit birds list their stock on that site. The people I have worked with have been awesome. The ads will identify show quality stock from pet quality and if you are looking for day-old chicks, sellers will typically state if they are from SQ pens.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance, Carrie [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by