Looking to trade bantam cochin eggs for your...? (NC)

asher

Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire
14 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Mountains of NC
I have 6 + extra eggs I can ship as early as tomorrow. Pics are on my page. I currently have 4-5 black girls laying and have a black roo and a blue cockerel fertilizing eggs. The first chick I hatched out was blue last week. My birds come from very good show lines, but I have not personally shown any of the ones that we currently own. I am getting 100% fertility on them here and I know someone I sent a swap to had 7 out of 8 growing.

Looking to trade for eggs from any of these breeds

blue laced red wyandotte eggs (bantam or LF)
BBS orpingtons (bantam or LF)
mille fleur cochins (
lau.gif
)
Marans (prefer any color except cuckoo since I already have some of those in the `bator, but might try those, try me)
Welsummers
Barnevelders or however the heck you spell it.

Only looking for PURE eggs from decent quality birds, no mixes.

Prefer to be someone not across the U.S since it's still cold here and in various areas. Shipping to closer locations makes the gamble on hatching eggs not quite as bad.

Last edited:
lol.png
You know, after you posted a reply to my post in MissPrissy's trade thread, I almost PMd you and asked you if you wanted to trade some of your Cochins for some of my Marans...but I'll be filling up the 'bator tomorrow or the next day, and even though I can do staggered hatches I kinda didn't want to...and, well, I just have boring 'ol cuckoos anyway.
lol.png

Just thought it was funny that I was thinking along the same lines that you were.
big_smile.png

Oh, and good luck finding the mille fluer cochins.
tongue.png
They are gorgeous though, aren't they??

lau.gif
Maybe later we can do it then. Though I'll be honest, I won't be hatching much here after a bit for the rest of the year. Hoping to get most biddies well started before bub arrives so trying to get in all I can now! Your cuckoo's are lovely!
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! Yep, maybe later a trade will work out. Or maybe I'll just have to outright buy some of your eggs! You are going to be one busy mommy here soon, aren't you? Congrats on the new little one on the way! I don't know how you do it, I've got one 'lil guy, and most days I feel like this ------>
th.gif
lau.gif
I love every minute of it, though.

My plan for this year wasn't supposed to involve much hatching. I've promised my husband that I won't hatch anything that involves him having to make me additional pens. SSShhhhh, don't tell him I already have a few new breeds on the way...
gig.gif

Cindy! Guess what, one of the cochin hens I got from you has gone broody and I STILL haven't found a roo! She let me have it tonight when I tried to get the eggs...those cochin twins are so rowdy, they crack me up! Hope you are doing well
Beth

Quote:
jumpy.gif
Beth ~ do you want to meet up with me for some eggs to stick under her? I have to work tomorrow until afternoon and then the family has dr. appts. Tues., Wed. AND Thurs.
barnie.gif
but I can meet you again any time with some eggs if you want some.
smile.png
The blue cockerel is working it, too so babes could be black, splash or blue.
smile.png

Quote:
jumpy.gif
Beth ~ do you want to meet up with me for some eggs to stick under her? I have to work tomorrow until afternoon and then the family has dr. appts. Tues., Wed. AND Thurs.
barnie.gif
but I can meet you again any time with some eggs if you want some.
smile.png
The blue cockerel is working it, too so babes could be black, splash or blue.
smile.png

YES!! Let me know...I'll pm my number again incase you need it

Back
Top Bottom