Looking to try my hand again with chickens here in Florida

tberggren

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Ithaca NY
Well this is my third try. Had to sell my last flock a year ago when we moved from Upstate NY to Pensacola Florida
Now that we have been here a year I am looking to try again. Looking for some good quality dual purpose birds from good meat lines.
So far not having a whole lot of luck. lol
If you know of anyone in my area, please I would so appreciate your help. 🙂Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC.
I only purchase chicks from Ideal hatchery to ensure that I don't bring disease home.
Are you aware that You can order chicks from Ideal poultry and have them delivered to your post office the next day?

https://www.idealpoultry.com/

Welcome to BYC.
I only purchase chicks from Ideal hatchery to ensure that I don't bring disease home.
Are you aware that You can order chicks from Ideal poultry and have them delivered to your post office the next day?

https://www.idealpoultry.com/
No I didn't. Do I need to worry about bringing disease home if I don't have any chickens yet?

No I didn't. Do I need to worry about bringing disease home if I don't have any chickens yet?
If you buy chickens from a random person you need to worry.

There are a boatload of people that will sell sick birds in order to make a dollar.

It is best to prevent bringing disease onto your property at all cost.

I highly recommend buying from a major hatchery only.
Major hatcheries do their absolute best to keep disease away.

Well this is my third try. Had to sell my last flock a year ago when we moved from Upstate NY to Pensacola Florida
Now that we have been here a year I am looking to try again. Looking for some good quality dual purpose birds from good meat lines.
So far not having a whole lot of luck. lol
If you know of anyone in my area, please I would so appreciate your help. 🙂Thanks
Hello and welcome to BYC! There isn't a better place for learning how to raise your poultry. Ask as many questions as you want, but remember to have a little fun too. :woot

Back
Top Bottom