Looks like I've found a new hobby

i'm feeling your pain, i'm not too far from you in Omaha, NE.

think they said our high today will be 4 degrees and thats not taking the wind into account.

even with barn heater going and heat lamps on, had to chip ice off water buckets.

also, my own water pipes froze, so hopefully it warms up enough for me to get some water, otherwise i'll be driving to BF's parents to fill water tanks to bring home...

Quote:
To convert Fahrenheit temperatures into Celsius:

Begin by subtracting 32 from the Fahrenheit number.
Divide the answer by 9.
Then multiply that answer by 5.

It's 56 here, but I'm sitting next to a cold, drafty window. Never took my coat off this morning. My fingers are frozen, but perspiring. What's up with that?

-4°F
Feels Like
-16°F

ACK!!!

I am having flashbacks to my days living in Wisconsin. I am trying to talk hubby in to moving a little further South....like Corpus Christi, TX
big_smile.png

He, being a big wuss, is afraid of hurricanes. I told him that at least the 150 mph wind is WARM!

It's 1 degrees F now and the low is supposed to be -8. At least the wind has died down some. Now they are talking snow tomorrow. Several inches is what they say. In the immortal words of the great theologian, "Good Grief!! I just can't stand it."

jeremy

My thermometer read -18°F yesterday morning without windchill. Today, not much better. Saturday, I was in a T-shirt outside in 56° weather!

WOW! I feel like I'm in a heat wave!! It's 7am and 39*and not even a breeze! Last Wed. it was 22* and the wind was howling! With windchill it was about -10! No one went outside that day except to feed the animals.

DH has a mt. climbing book that I printed out their windchill chart .

I can't figure out how to copy it on here, so I'll type it.

Temp F

30 20 10 0 -10 -20 -30

wind speed
MPH
calm 30 20 10 0 -10 -20 -30
5 27 16 6 -5 -15 -26 -36
10 16 4 -9 -21 -33 -46 -58
15 9 -5 -18 -36 -45 -58 -72

I think you can get the picture and figure out the ratio.

Monica

Back
Top Bottom