Looky Here...

webdawg

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Kingman, Az
at what my wife saw next to her wild bird feeder. A 5' Mohave Green Rattlesnake. It took 5 rounds of snake shot to kill it.
snake.jpg

My sympathies to people living in the desert, you must have all kinds of nasty critters running around. Here is the midwest all we have to deal with is racoons and posums. We have a rattlesnake here in Mich but you have to go to a really swampy out of the way place to find them and I hear they aren't very poisonious.

Too funny. I was about to start a thread about our adventures last night involving javelina checking out the chicken run and the rattler I nearly stepped on about 5 feet from the back door.

We live on a cliff above the river, and the javelina love to come up and check out the bird feeders. This is the exact reason I stopped using bird blocks for the quail.

The rattler was small (1 1/2 - 2 feet), but tough. DH took a shovel to him. MY HERO!!

HOLY TOLEDO!!!!!!:eek:
I'm so glad no one stepped on that big boy!!! Luckily I have 3 good snake cats that take care of them for me. But here is TN I think we only have a brush rattler and I've never seen one before, that's not to say they don't exist though.Cottonmouth and copperheads are more prone to this area.

Back
Top Bottom