Looky what came up out of the woods today (3 pics)

Quote:
You made me laugh out loud!!

I have boys and they drag all sorts of snakes home (nothing deadly....yet). We have a video of our chickens all in a circle around a snake. They took turns running into the circle to "attack" the poor garter snake. It is really quite comical. I'll have to see if I can dig it out of the video archives. It looked like the chicken hokey pokey!!!

I didn't read further than this on your post:

Quote:
I was expecting to see a pic of a cute little fawn or some fuzzy new baby bunnies. YIKES!!!!
That will teach me to read ENTIRE posts!
gig.gif

:eek: OMG! im glad i dont live by you! we only have lil teeny weeny gardner snakes and kingsnakes! we see em about once a year though
roll.png

if he was that close to the bayou, i think he could have made it, lol.

that reminds me of the story about the man who found the frozen rattlesnake and took it in and put it by the fire to warm up and then when he went to check on it, it bit him and killed him.

Wow. So it just came up for a visit? You were lucky enough to be there to take a pic. Glad it went back to the water without any incident! Great shot.

I’ll go along with everybody else in saying thank you for not killing it. Snakes are a huge asset to have around. I’d love to see some places around if there weren’t snakes. We’d be overrun with rats and mice.

At my friends farm, he has some of the fattest water snakes you have ever seen. There was one a couple of years ago that was the biggest northern banded water snake I’ve ever seen. No lie, I bet that thing was over 4 feet long and as big around as the business end of a baseball bat. For up here, that’s a huge snake. The barn is only 30 yards from the pond. The snakes seem to stay near the pond during the day sunning themselves on the rocks. But….you go in that barn at night with a flashlight….. There are snakes crawling all over!!

Boyouchica-you are truly one with your elements! I would have probably died if I saw that snake. I am fine with them as long as they are confined. Do your snakes hibernate in the winter like up here or is it warm enough they are active all year around? I have been reading that down in Florida they are having all sorts of problems with non native snakes like boa and the such. People get them as pets and when they lose interest or get to big they release them. Non native species really run amok when released in a non native habitat and it is always man that has some sort of hand in it. Do you have alot of problems where you live with the Nutra(?).

Back
Top Bottom