Looky what I got! Fabulous foam for shipping eggs!-Angie! Need more!!!

Do you know where she ordered it from? I wouldn't care to make my own for spring shipping, but I don't know what kind of foam to use. I looked into buying those precut ones but they would cost about $7 each for me which means I would have to charge more for shipping and I don't want to do that. I even considered buying those green blocks in crafts section at walmart, but I'm afraid the styrofoam is too hard for eggs. Any thoughts on that?

Quote:

here a link for quail and pheasant size.. the foam comes in size for all eggs...forget where i saw the ones for larger eggs.

I know if using the quail size ...don't put eggs in outside rolls, as i got broken eggs in those outside rolls. These have been out from the late 60s when I first had quail eggs shipped to me.

http://www.texaspoultry.com/foam.htm

I agree that craft foam wouldn't cushion and redirect shock so much as distribute- It'd be bad.

I'm not sure where she got it, but I'm paying just over $3 plus shipping for a set for a dozen. That's well worth it to me as a cost so minor can be passed on to the customer if one wishes. I don't have to buy bubble wrap, nor anything but tape.

You should message fowlrus to chat with her about it- she ships bulk, so that's not much more on the cost.

Quote:

I was tired of a room full of paper, plastic, cotton... any wraping stuff I can think of to use for shipping, It took me at least a good 20 minutes to pack one order. So I and my friends began to experiment, and my friend Debbie came up with the idea of using polyfoam. We played around with the design too, and finally found one that we are happy with.
It cost big $$$ to have a "die" made, which we had to do twice to get it right, than you have to order bulk to cut down on the cost. So we will be more then happy to share with anyone who's interested. We will sell the first 200 pieces at cost ($2. ea.) plus shipping, which is not much because the foam is very light weight.
Everyone of my customers that I have asked, were amazed at the product. I offer the polyfoam shipping to get more egg bidders too, and I actually save $ because it weighs almost nothing which saves on postage (no more medium flate rate), the part I love the most is no more wrapping, cuting, taping and fitting for me, saving time, and my sanity, which is priceless!
celebrate.gif

Thanks Renee, I'm so happy that you like it too.
Please PM me if you're interested.

Wow, what an awesome setup!!

I would really love to see how people's results are with this. . . Seems so much more secure and easy.
smile.png

We had tried several foam and hole size/shape, this one is designed for bantom type eggs. It's cut round in shape which eggs are not always round (how ever, I did have some that's close to a ball once a great while) , this space gives eggs the tug but now the hug if you know what I mean. It have room enough for eggs to breath but not enough for eggs to move about.
I have people ship me eggs in total bouble wrap, completely sealed and eggs hatched. So I don't think this design will do any harm to the eggs but protects it. The material we chose, does not fall apart or leave those little praticles in the air or cling on to you. It's dorable to work with, streach easy but firm enough to hold.
I have post a egg sell to see if any one interest in checking this polyfoam out, if you have any breed that you might be interest in add to your Xmas list, please let me know, I might be able to put some thing together so that you can try the foam.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=424382
19329_dsc02994.jpg

Back
Top Bottom