Looky what we caught tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lickskillet

*Home of the Shoveler*
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Kentucky
Something for the past three nights has been getting in our run through the top (which is chicken wired). It was getting into the outside feeder and making a mess. We double and triple checked the openings between the runs of wire, making sure there were not any gaps big enough for a snake to fit through. Sure enough, I found a 4x4 inch hole against a tree that was not attached and had fur caught in it. So we fixed that, but set a trap tonight and by sun down caught this coon and saw another. I told DH not to set the trap for the next 2 nights as I want to see if the other coon can help me find anymore holes in our defences (we lock the chickens up TIGHT in their coops of a night so I'm not worried for them). I want to know that on some night by chance we are gone, that if we were not to lock them up before dark that something couldn't get them. That stinker pulled the side by side wire rows apart, pretty smart. I'll post back in a few days with updates on more holes found or another coon caught, or both. Lol
21241_img_1436.jpg

I don't know why I have such an aversion to coons.

I imagine if that were my cage, I'd be taking a pic of a deceased coon.

My DH has a friend that has a certain breed of dog that really, really LOVES chasing bandits (actually he trains his dogs this way)! Lol That's the ONLY reason it's still looking at the camera.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm with you...destructive freaking critters. My philosophy is "the only good racoon is a dead racoon."
cool.png

DH pitched him a hot dog and he snarled the hole time and never looked away as he reached for it. M-E-A-N!

he is cute! But please don't bring him here!
lau.gif

One tore my cat up when we were little and i just really hate them!!
Nasty lil buggers
duc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom