Loose poop a problem?

HamletAndEggs

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2019
Hello all and Happy Almost New Year! I’m turning again to my favorite community for some health assessment and advise. The past few weeks I’ve noticed some atypical poops on the poop board. Most are still normal in appearance, so I think it is just one of my girls who I’ve was able to identify yesterday (witnessed the splat!!) She appears generally healthy but should I be concerned? I’ve attached an image (my apologies to the squeamish) in the hope that helps you help me! Any wisdom and or advise would be most welcome. Thanks in advance :frow
7AB5C2DE-58E4-4427-98CB-6903F497EC3D.jpeg

Attachments

• 15E4E73B-9E96-46FC-9E33-BCC4017B07DD.jpeg
    15E4E73B-9E96-46FC-9E33-BCC4017B07DD.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 1
Can you identify those white strings in the poop? Grass or were they moving?

Worms do come to mind when looking at that poop sample. It wouldn't hurt to worm your flock.

If those are not worms, and she's behaving normally in every other respect, I suggest just keeping an eye on the hen and continue to monitor her poop.

Can you identify those white strings in the poop? Grass or were they moving?

Worms do come to mind when looking at that poop sample. It wouldn't hurt to worm your flock.

If those are not worms, and she's behaving normally in every other respect, I suggest just keeping an eye on the hen and continue to monitor her poop.
Thanks!! I’ll check it out more closely. If I need to worm should I use Wazine?

I use Safeguard since it kills most species of worms. I'm not sure about Wazine. Look on the package and see what worms it treats for. If those white strings are worms, they'd be tape worms or round worms.

Thanks again! The obvious strings in the picture are actually pieces of straw from the nesting boxes (I was cleaning and some dropped there), but there are small white specs in the poop. I’ll try the Wazine since I have it, then treat with Safeguard down the line if no improvement. Your help is so appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom