Loose spur

I'd be more inclined to soak both her feet in epsom salts for a couple of days to help reduce swelling. Then re-access the feet and spur. See if there's any greenish bruising by that time. Wrapping the foot if it's swelling can be a little risky, you don't want wrappings to get too tight and cut off blood flow, then you have other problems to deal with.

Once you're sure the foot isn't going to swell more, then you can wrap to stabilize the spur, see how that goes.

I removed my hens spurs as directed on this site because my girl was limping the outside sheath is like a overgrown fingernail quick twist with a pliers there wasnt much blood sprayed it with some vetericyn good as new!

I'd be more inclined to soak both her feet in epsom salts for a couple of days to help reduce swelling. Then re-access the feet and spur. See if there's any greenish bruising by that time. Wrapping the foot if it's swelling can be a little risky, you don't want wrappings to get too tight and cut off blood flow, then you have other problems to deal with.

Once you're sure the foot isn't going to swell more, then you can wrap to stabilize the spur, see how that goes.
Thanks for your reply. I’ll try this for a few days and see if the swelling goes down. Any thoughts on why both feet would be a bit swollen? The spur on the other leg is normal.

Back
Top Bottom