Losing feathers, bald heads and necks, with scaly dry skin. Is this Favus or something else?

I'm sorry for all the advice I've missed here and thank you. I think it could have been scaly face mite. I applied ivermectin. She had a dry, dead, yellowish translucent skin over her head and neck. The olive oil softened it and it peeled away revealing new skin underneath. Her sister helps by pecking it away. Her head is bald now but the skin looks healthy and fascinatingly, her crest has filled out and appears larger, like it's been freed from this constricting skin. I'm applying vaseline now with a cotton bud and rubbing it in. Both their legs are healing well after the same treatment for many months now.

Attachments

• IMG_1254.jpeg
    IMG_1254.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1255.jpeg
    IMG_1255.jpeg
    484.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1256.jpeg
    IMG_1256.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 6
I'm sorry for all the advice I've missed here and thank you. I think it could have been scaly face mite. I applied ivermectin. She had a dry, dead, yellowish translucent skin over her head and neck. The olive oil softened it and it peeled away revealing new skin underneath. Her sister helps by pecking it away. Her head is bald now but the skin looks healthy and fascinatingly, her crest has filled out and appears larger, like it's been freed from this constricting skin. I'm applying vaseline now with a cotton bud and rubbing it in. Both their legs are healing well after the same treatment for many months now.
There is still this blue eye though, the suggestion it could have been Mareks.

Back
Top Bottom