Losing Our House

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by dieselgrl48, Oct 4, 2010.

1. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Well I guess it seem's somewhat official We are losing our house.DH has been calling bank again for month's.He called Friday and they said they could Only accept 2 payment's by the 22d.Baaaaaa No way!Anyway We paid a lawyer for bankruptcy last week.The lawyer said We needed to keep house or close to rent amount in order to file.The mortgage Co. told DH today they would send Deed and Lieu.We would get $2500 to cover moving cost and rent.They said wont accept anything other than the 4 payments We Owe or deed & Lieu. RENT??? We have 2 repo'd vechicles coming for money if we dont get the bankruptcy we couldnt afford NO rent.Maybe a cardboard Box!We have been looking everywhere for something for Us ,We have my 19 year old daughter and 2 year old grandson, a cat a dog a bird....I have been trying hard to place the outside bird's but still have a ton left. [​IMG]. I just hatched some awesome chicks too [​IMG] and more incubating.I thought they were going to work something out but so far it isnt' looking too good.Im so stressed and tired of worry and all the problem's.I dunno what to do [​IMG]. Anyone close to SWVA prolly have some free bird's and chicks soon. Oh and 11 ducks too AFLAC! [​IMG]

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] I hope things work out for you soon.

3. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Soooo Sorry... [​IMG]

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't know if it helps...but there's going to be a poultry swap in Madison Heights VA (just north of Lynchburg) on Oct 16. That might be a good way to get some money for your chickens, chicks and ducks - sounds like you could really use it.

I hope things get better soon. [​IMG]

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    So sorry to hear you're having some really rough times. It could happen to any of us......Good luck to you! [​IMG]

6. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    First off [​IMG] I wish I was closer I would help out hold some birds until you get on your feet again.

7. dieselgrl48

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Thanks for the huggs. Just taking it a day at a time here. Just wanna find a place for grandson to live and find good home's for my birdie's. I'll keep an update on how it's going. Thanks for the replie's.

8. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Have you called in to the federal government? I keep hearing they have emergency help for people in your kind of trouble.

Have you got any relatives to stay with?

9. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    So sorry for your situation. Since you're in southwest VA, there's a chickenstock swap in Marion this Saturday. Here's the link:

Fall Swap (va. W Va, Tn, Nc) MARION VA OCT 9th starting at 10:00am

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=376645

Perhaps you can get a little cash for your birds instead of having to give all of them away.

10. dieselgrl48

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Yes read about the swap but no way to transport any of my bird's.And to previous post.No No relative's to help either so... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by