lost 11 chickens in 7 days need help need help

jamiesc

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
I have loast 11 chickens in the last seven days
I susspect its mareks the chickens were fine then the day befor they die they have no energy and stand there with there eyes closed then about 3 hours later they seem paralised on there left side and 5-7 hours later they pass away and its getting worse everyday today alone seven of the eleven chickens died
Is there anything I can do help its not lice I checken over every single one I have heaps of mosquitos could that of contribute?
Any help much appreciated

I live at redland bay south east queensland australia and no there not stiff it like laying in the sun when they dust bath but Ive picked them up then they just stand there and its like they are really depressed and then lay back down and then die

And im getting mellow wash, lice dust and im going to worm them all today I have lost another chicken since I started this post I cant believe how what ever this is spreads so quick I have isolated the chickens the first day I noticed this also family farm

Corid is the medicine for treating the disease coccidiosis. Caused by a protozoa that occurs naturally in soil. You will find Corid in the cattle medicines. Corid is put in their drinking water. How old are your chickens ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom