Lost 2 of my 3 girls this weekend

Thanks Carla,

Im doing better and my one surving girl is doing great. She actually came out of her nesting box today for a dirt bath
big_smile.png

I broke down and took my niece to the feed store and got 2 baby chicks. Ugh, Im a sucker. They said they were japanese Black bantams???? They are all black, legs and all with a few grey feathers and feathers on thier feet! Kinda like my siklies.

My big Girl wouldnt take them in like I was hoping, so they are in the bathroom under a light enjoying the good life while they grow. Hopefully after a bit we can put them all together.

Raising chicks is new to me so Ive been doing lots of research to make sure I do it right.

Chrissy
-healing with the help of little ones
smile.png

hate irresponsible neighbours...grr..
Glad to hear that Bobby is doing alright...

You might have more Silkie crosses if they have feathery feet. Japs, don't.

Bobby might still be a bit in shock too...I'd try introducing the chicks again after quarantine...or at least 3 weeks...It might register in her brain that I sat on these eggs, they must be mine...
good luck.

I just noticed today that my new baby chicks also have 5 toes and I think that is trait of Silkys along with thier black skin and feathered feet. im happy about it since one that I lost was a silky . I am trying to upload photos with that avatar thing but I seem to be computer" il-literate" this week..ugh. i'll keep resizing and trying so maybe someone will know if the chicks are silkys.
smile.png

and,....thank you again to everyone for the kind words and advice.

My Hen is doing great today, she actually came out of her coop while we were outside this am and poked around for about 10 minutes then ran like the wind back to her safe nest!

She looks good and I am hoping in a month or so when I put the babes out she'll take to them quickly.

Back
Top Bottom