Lost 52 today..

And before I get my head bit off, and I have been there.
This is a bad neighbor, not bad dogs. They need adopted out. not destroyed. IMO
Not all dogs belong on a farm, some need kid's to play with and a frisbee to catch.

It's not the dog's fault they have a bad owner. Unfortunately once they taste fresh meat they tend to repeat the offense. Shame on her. The only way some people learn to be responsible is to have to pay for their education. I think you have a very good civil case. I would look for an attorney to take it on a contingency. If you can prove loss of investment and income with good records there is president for compensation.
Sorry for your loss, Good luck to you. Perhaps the dogs can be relocated to responsible owners.

So so very sorry. That is just awful!
sad.png

hugs.gif
to you

I am suing in Magistrate Court, it's a huge, huge loss. My hens were rare breed, not just "layers" ~ they are my only source of income. I'm a breeder.

Yes, the dogs will be returned to her until they attack something for the 3rd time. That's the county law. However, I am going to push for them to be put down, they bit my father today when he tried to save my hens. They are viscious, and it's time to give our little town a break from them. Rabbits, cats, nothing is safe from these dogs. The only problem is that you have to have pictures of the dogs doing it or witnesses to get her cited. It's beyond time for her to go!

Sue Sue Sue.....or go over to her house and just start taking or destroying $12,000 worth of stuff..lol that was joke and illegal...before anyone tells me so. I am sorry for your loss.

Oh Man. I am SO sorry. We had a similar thing on a much much smaller scale. I am planning to take a bill over to the guy who lets his dog run for all the money we spent rehabbing our chickens. None died. I think you have to make her realize how this has had an emotional and financial impact. We spent an hour every night for two weeks dressing their wounds. I know he won't pay for that.

Figure it out how much money you will lose until your new flock will get to be of laying age and then how much it will cost to raise the new flock. She needs to pay. Plus emotional damages. This is terrible. I really am sorry.

The next time the dog comes over to our house it won't go back. I am planning to take it to a shelter far away and tell the shelter that the dog is a chicken killer so it won't be rehomed to a farm. It really isn't the dogs fault that its owner is an a hole.

This was the third time for us. The second time the dog went after a chicken that my 6 year old was holding. NOT GOOD> I thought I explained in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that it could not happen again. But it did............No three strikes you're out rule here unfortunately.

Oh. I didn't realize they BIT someone. And rare breeds. Seriously. This person is so self centered it is criminal. Literally.

I'm sorry for your loss. I agree with the others that you should seek a civil suit against them, especially if nothing is done on the owners part or if the law doesn't do anything to correct the problem. The same thing happened to one of my neighbors. He did not have rare breeds, but did sell his eggs to help supplement his income (he's retired). He had well over 80 chickens (mostly laying hens), 50 of which he purchased earlier this year at $10 each as they were already laying. A neighbors dogs (they have 3, but only 2 were the guilty parties) made their way into his run & into his coop and killed 48 of his hens. Animal control & the sheriff took care of it. Animal control took the dogs & they were put down. The Sheriff fined them for $480 as restitution for the loss of his chickens. I think he should have received more for his time & money.

here in NY you are legally able to shoot a canine that is on your property killing your livestock. And that is just what I would do if it was on my land. Those dogs are killers now and wont stop. Thats just how it is. So sorry for your loss. You should definatly file a suit against the owner and recoup your losses.

Quote:
Not to mention the loss of income he suffered!

To the op- I am so so sorry for your loss!
hugs.gif
I have my
fl.gif
that you will get all you will get everything you are owed in your suit. $12,000 of damages plus lost income (since they were your only source of income!)!

Back
Top Bottom