@Miss Lydia I saw you used the safeguard paste -- that's about 45 minutes closer to my house than TCS to get the liquid goat wormer. What dose did you use on the paste (unsure if it's the same mg/kg of concentration)...

Have you also used or heard of the paste used with ducks?

I used safeguard paste for my geese this past time I wormed it was very easy to use.

edited to correct typo

I've read about people using horse wormer to worm their birds, but I've always wondered how much Safeguard/Panaur (Fenbendazole) paste one would use. So i decided to do some weighing and math. As it turns out, you would give the same amount of paste as you would the liquid. For example, if you usually give a bird one cc of the liquid, you would give one cc of the paste.

This is applies to Fenbendazole only, not Ivermectin and it's probably only useful to those that worm by mouth as I don't know if the paste would mix properly in the water.

Let me know if this is not clear enough since I seem to have trouble writing what I mean, lol. I'll post pictures later, that might make it easier to understand.

Kathy answered my question 4 years ago!

My plan of attack is to worm the flock with safe guard for 5 days, then repeat again in 10 days. I'm keeping a close watch on everyone, while they seem ok, there's one duck that is just a touch "off" as far as not cleaning itself... She's preening, eating, pooping, running, and participating in class discussions... Just not splashing water to get the grime off.

I'll constantly reevaluate in this time, it may be a trip to the vet for Jazz.

Thanks for all the input and advice. I'll keep everyone updated.

Been a while since I used the paste so I can't remember, Safe guard is very easy to use since I feed Fermented food I just mix it right into the amount I feed daily.

Back
Top Bottom