Lost a loved bird, SWEET revenge - this is graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6 notches in my 22-250 since april. No I havent killed every coyote in the area as I hear them howl and have even seen them from my tree stand deer hunting. As long as they leave my chickens alone I will leave them alone. Haven't lost a bird since July. I guess the word got out at the coyote bar. Stay away from Stevo's Farm!

I live in NJ. The most populated state in the union. If we have coyote problems here they are out of control.

My treestand that I deerhunt from is 40yds from my chicken coop. Here is a trailcam photo I got last week form under my stand.

PICT0052modified.jpg

He or she is walking directly away from my coop. I might have to move up to my Rem 7mm 08 LOL.

Quote:
Yes I did, the entire flock to a fox, almost 10 years ago. I corrected the problems with my coop, and I tried to trap it to move it away from my zone, but I couldn't catch it. Since them never had any more problems.

Quote:
I think hogs aren't native to there, their are wild, but note beneficial to your ecosystem/economy.
Yes in the heat of the moment I think I would shoot it, but that is only a scenario as you said. But I doubt I would ever end up in a situation like that.

Quote:
Your gonna have a good season. I would do a skin mount with the head on it.

Actually we have no bear season south of I-80 which I am located. This bear has never bothered my dumpster or chickens. It lives on my property and I live here and we never see each other lol. This is my only sighting. Of course that may change but until then I have no problem sharing my hardwoods with this bear. If it does become a problem I cannot under NJ law harm it. I need to call fish and game and they will remove it.

This guy came walking out of the woods one day and has become a perminet fixture here lol. Scared the livin crapola out of me the first time I saw him. But now we hand feed him and scratch him behind the ears. We named him "Oink".

IMG_0397.jpg

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe that hog just came wandering out of the woods and decided to be your pet. I'm picturing my poor (very patient) husband when I say "Honey, look what came here today! Can we keep him?"
lau.gif

Quote:
Your gonna have a good season. I would do a skin mount with the head on it.

Actually we have no bear season south of I-80 which I am located. This bear has never bothered my dumpster or chickens. It lives on my property and I live here and we never see each other lol. This is my only sighting. Of course that may change but until then I have no problem sharing my hardwoods with this bear. If it does become a problem I cannot under NJ law harm it. I need to call fish and game and they will remove it.

This guy came walking out of the woods one day and has become a perminet fixture here lol. Scared the livin crapola out of me the first time I saw him. But now we hand feed him and scratch him behind the ears. We named him "Oink".

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x384/ripper3455/IMG_0397.jpg

Please forgive my ignorance as we don't have anything like that here in Western MN, but is that a real wild hog? It almost looks like an overgrown pot-bellied pig. Zombiechickens - I can picture my husband, too. He'd probably name it "Porkchop".

He still lives in the woods! He comes out every morning. Hangs around then leaves. Then he returns in the afternoon. I tried to get him to sleep in the barn but he wont have any of that. He is the most gentle, friendly pig I have ever seen. He follows me around the farm and every once in a while gives me a push with his snout on my ankle. He must have runaway from a neighbor. We have a female pig and I think he is looking for a GF lol. I wont let him near her she is too young. Maybe next year I will let the big boy tie the knot and have some piglets. He is very very VERY scary looking. BIG razor sharp tusk's as you can see in the picture. But sweet as a puppy.

Please forgive my ignorance as we don't have anything like that here in Western MN, but is that a real wild hog? It almost looks like an overgrown pot-bellied pig. Zombiechickens - I can picture my husband, too. He'd probably name it "Porkchop".

Yes he is some kind of mixed pot belly pig. We have a pot belly and he is way bigger than her. He probubly weighs 200lbs.​

Quote:
As this Poster has stated be very careful of eradicating your coyote Population. if you get over populated with rabbits then you will start seeing GHO's and more wild cats. I rather have coyotes then cats these bobcats are wrecking havoc we got snares leg holds, and cages down across about 100 acres but so nothings come up in the traps.

Quote:
As this Poster has stated be very careful of eradicating your coyote Population. if you get over populated with rabbits then you will start seeing GHO's and more wild cats. I rather have coyotes then cats these bobcats are wrecking havoc we got snares leg holds, and cages down across about 100 acres but so nothings come up in the traps.

Here is a stub tail I trapped a few years back.
63768_mounts_003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom