Lost a loved bird, SWEET revenge - this is graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Off topic"? I began the thread. There isn't a topic. I baited the predator and killed it and have every intention of continuing to do just that. There are other methods of getting rid of the pests but I prefer to shoot them. Expedient and cost effective and supports a good profit margin.

GHG ???? Who cares. Take it to another thread or go start one.

I sure don't need the gov't. or the likes of to tell me how to solve my problems.

Here in this country when we encounter a problem we take it upon ourselves to solve it, maybe its not always fashionable but we come up with a solution.

I notice that Japan has an issue with dolphins and they and others butcher them by the thousands. I can't remember a dolphin or a whale ever attacking someones backyard chickens or doing anything that warrants their extermination. We here in the U.S. are very good at drawing the line. We are better at it than any other nation in the world.

"Anyway what I always try to do is a mental/reading exercise where I question/search the reason for something to be like it is, and most of the times I can find and understand it, this ends up making me feeling proud of my society."

I always do a "mental/reading exercise". It goes something like how many clicks do I make if I'm using using a 200yd zero Go figure. I had 2 seconds maximum to decide when to pull the trigger, I had to think fast. I had to rush my "mental/reading exercise" I think I made a good decision because the coyote dropped dead in his tracks and haven't lost a chicken since.

(PortugalBreeder you need to elect new leadership in your nation. When our gov't attempts to tell us when to crap we elect a new leaders. Try it, its worked here for 200 years. and hey it looks liked it may have worked again;)

All those in favor of shooting a coyote before it eats your birds say "aye", those opposed.....I don't think your winning one for the coyote and I don't think you will.

"Off topic"? I think nuclear bombs are off topic I don't even have one. I support the death penalty, off topic. Ridding of pesty coyotes is the topic.

Last edited:
Quote:
When you said:

Quote:
You were the one talking first about politics, and that was the off topic I referred, then I just kept the conversation you started.

Quote:
Neither I.

Quote:
Yes, you are very bad and strong.

I'm done with this topic.
Who can undertand my words, congrats, who can't try to read some books, then try again. (full stop)

10-4, its been very interesting but not something I'm seeking your advice on.

Last edited:
I kinda let the thread pass for a few days without reading it so I had to catch up real quick and just wanted to say great job on sticking to your GUNS (lmao) so to speak. Little gun humor there! I disagree with those that say we are destroying our Eco system by shooting Yotes! We let everything get out of balance by not eliminating predators! To explain a little my neighbor is a nice guy and loves all animals and wouldn't hear of me killing coons so what happens he feeds the coons cat food and thinks their cute till their numbers become too great and they start by killing kittens at his house so what happens the mouse population goes thru the roof and the coon population continues to flourish and they come to my house looking for food and starts to killing my cats and kittens and HMMMMMMMM lets see what does ernie Do!! Break out the firepower!!!!! What I am pointing out is that most preadators have no Natural preadators of their own except for Man and it is totally up to us to maintain the balance of Nature! We are the preadator with reason and logic!! So go ahead guys and break out the guns and shoot the predators!!! This is what our country was built on the right to bear arms and protect ourselves and our families and OUR property! In this case my family consist of 14 lovely ladies and 1 Fine Looking Roo Named Boss Hogg! Shoot away and please make good use of the Hides! The perferct Yote, coon, or fox is one that is well tanned so to speak

Good shooting
Ernie

Quote:
When you said:

Quote:
You were the one talking first about politics, and that was the off topic I referred, then I just kept the conversation you started.

Quote:
Neither I.

Quote:
Yes, you are very bad and strong.

I'm done with this topic.
Who can undertand my words, congrats, who can't try to read some books, then try again. (full stop)

I try to limit my reading of stupid crap. PortugalBreeder can I put you down as a nay? Dang I thought I might change your mind.

Last edited:
Quote:
Aye!

Aye!

It never ceases to amaze how people in other countries want to tell us how WE need to do things when they don’t have a clue what really goes on in this country and think us arrogant when we tell them so. News flash! The US was / is first in conservation, air quality control any just about everything environmental. I challenge anyone to try to prove that statement wrong. Before you do think about this. Farmers in California are starving because their water has been cut off to make sure a minnow doesn’t die. People living near me can’t do improvements on their property, which means their land / home is virtually worthless to them (no one will buy it) because the government “declared” it wetlands.

Last edited:
Quote:
I said I will not going to post more on this topic, but OMG, how can people be so blind? THAT KIND OF THINKS HAPPENS IN EVERY CIVILIZED COUNTRY! AND EVERY PERSON WILL HAVE A SIMILAR STORY TO TELL ABOUT HOW ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION SCREWED THEIR INTERESTS!

And what intrigues me the most is why are you guys trying to turn this into a dispute between countries?! ...i seriously don't get it.
I kept saying wild life, natural habitat, etc. as an whole, as a global system, nowadays is known that every little chance has repercussions on the other corner of the world, but there is always someone trying to make himself feel better saying he is part of a very good and superior group of human beings, saying something like "yeah, I from the US, and US are the best in all matters (so by association I'm also the best)" but them what makes this all confusing is that the same person who seems to be proud that his country is leading in conservation matters, says "I don't care about the law, if any wild animal affects my life, I will end up with his life using a huge very powerfull gun with my fast finger in the trigger! bla bla bla". ...I cannot understand....

Also, a rule to good argumentation is to answer to the person you are talking to, with arguments that may disable his arguments, not with statements that may be true but have nothing to do with the discussion going on. But some people seem not to understand that, I seriously don't get it.

I say wildlife should be preserved WORLDWIDE, and people should try to understand that some efforts to do it, may collide with your own PERSONAL OBJECTIVES!
-My statement doesn't say that coyotes are a very endangered species and you should not kill them, but I get tons of messages saying "You may want to read some history on wildlife in North America. As stated about, Coyote populations have exploded. They have moved into areas where there were none in the past...", seriously why?
-My statement doesn't says "US don't respect environment", but I get a lot of comments saying "I think that the U.S. has led the world in preservation of wild life and wildlife conservation. Europe has not. The Orient has not. Asia and Africa have not. The U.S. doesn't need to be lectured we need to do more lecturing and maybe boycott the nations that don't practice good conservation.", why?

Does anyone get, that even this responses may be true they appear to be random, and they don't get nothing new and constructive to the discussion? Maybe that's a trick to elongate the discussion so that this topic gets a lots of views and people commenting, I don't know.

But seriously, I have never, but NEVER talked with someone with such a frustrating consequences.

Quote:
OK, you are right about that, but my message is being misunderstood.
World is global now, I'm from Europe, and since nature works the same everywhere, and people tend to think and react the same everywhere, I'm trying to pass a conservation message to apply in a global situation. I have never referred North America in my comment, although it applies to there to.
And as you are right, I should add to complete the message that not only backyard, but also the production farms, matter.
What really matters is that when people and wild life interest collide the actions tend to wild life extermination. Wolfs as you said are one example, the Tasmanian tiger which were eliminated because people suspected they were killing their poultry (now it's know that the biggest cause were wild dogs and cats) are another example.
I'm an hunter, so I don't think kill is always a bad thing, but I would like that people be "exposed" to this way of thinking so that they can conclude by themselves his veracity. It's inevitable that this way of thinking to became the future and general way of thinking, but it may take a while. So I'm happy just to share it with you.
By what you have said, looks like coyotes are becoming a pest there, so controlling their population seems to be the right thing to do. But that actions is not always the right thing, per example, I bet that with foxes or raptor bird, the scenario isn't the same, so instead of killing them improve your coop security.

Actually foxes and raptor bird are on the increase also. Everything in North America has been on the increase since the 1940 with exception of Wolves and the Bald Eagle. Both of those are on the increase lately. Saw a Bald Eagle eating road kill on the side of the road just last week when on my way home from the shooting range.

Anytime an animal becomes endangered and sometimes when not they are protected. They “thought” alligators were endangered. They're still on the endangered list. Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana are over run with them but one better not get caught with one without a license.

Coyote, Raccoon, and wild pig populations have exploded in recent years. Wild Life and Fisheries personnel are elated when people mange to take one on a management area. Here in the South there is no season they can be taken year round.

In Texas you don't even need a hunting license to kill hogs. Maybe I'm wrong but Lets say your sitting there with a gun & something attacked your chicken, dog , cat,brother, sister something that's important in your life. Would you not shoot it? Answer that ? This is just a scenario so don't start off by saying I don't have a gun etc. In this scenario you do have a gun & something is mauling your significant other. What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom