Lost a sweet 11 month old RIR today for no apparent reason

jjdesch

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Long Island
I came home from work today and found one of my sweet Rhodeys dead inside the run. I have a small flock of 3 (now 2) RIRs and three Buff orphingtons. I examined her carefully and found no outer damage that might suggest she was in a tussle. Every1 was fine and happy this am. Can some1 guide me as to what might have caused this sudden death? Could she have been egg bound? It was hot here today, but she went through a summer of that last year.

I am heartbroken!!

IMO, chickens tend to suffer from heart failures. I lost 3 RIR in the last few years, for no apparent reason, they just died. Sorry for your loss...Roy

sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Does any1 here have any experience with premier1 electric poultry netting? I use the 48" high version to form a larger, outer run around my hardware cloth inner run. Can electric poultry netting cause a sudden cardiac event in a chicken? Just trying to figure this out. Yesterday, coincidentally, was the first time I let the girls access to the outer run all day while i was at work. They usually only have access to the outer run when some1 is home. Does any else here use this netting?

Back
Top Bottom