LOST ANOTHER!!!! - *UPDATE 2* HELP with SKUNK smell

Well, since they eat the catfood outside and have recently taken to emptying out the chicken feeders of scratch and crumble, I've had a lot of success in the live traps with a little dish of those:old. Good luck! Once racoons learn there is a free meal they come to expect it and won't leave!

They will eat almost anything! I like peanut butter because you can smear it on the trigger plate.....I seem to have more luck with them tripping the mechanism then. A word of caution....skunks like much of the same bait, including dog food. A good rule for your black ops is positive target identification, we can't afford any mistakes here people! Good Hunting!

Hot Dogs Boilied In Bacon Grease We Caught The Racoon That Destroyed My Diamond Dove Aviary
somad.gif
With That And The Skunk That Nabbed My Blue Hemmi Rabbit! R.I.P Blue Jewel And Dia And My Rabbit Flipper!
sad.png

If you're after raccoons, cat food is the way to go
thumbsup.gif
They are in looove with the stuff! Actually, if you have any outdoor cats, I'd keep my eye on them, because once coons get the idea that there is free catfood in the area, they'll start to kill off competitors for it (ie your cats). Bleh I hate coons.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I have put cantelope,corn,and peanut butter in the trap and got coons,possums,groundhogs,and squirrels.The cat food got some serious flies as sun as the sun was up.

Why not just a Claymore mine?
gig.gif

Seriously though, tuna and cat food work great if you don't mind a cat sometimes. Otherwise maybe fruit or veggies that a cat would not be interested in. Coon, skunk, and opossum are omnivours, like a bear, they eat about anything

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom