LOST ANOTHER!!!! - *UPDATE 2* HELP with SKUNK smell

remadl700

Songster
10 Years
Nov 18, 2009
oregon
Ok - were going BLACK OPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the 4th CornX these things got and eggs....

I need help with baiting a raccoon and or skunk. What type of baits and attractants will lure them into to a live trap cage and NO I am not using any chickens.

By the tracks around the area it looks like I may have both types of Barn Terrorists!!

Any help from the BYC crew?
barnie.gif

Update: 7-25-11 additional help needed.

Ok - if you have read these posts you saw that I got him! YEA right? Well now how do I get the smell out? You guys have been great with other help can you divulge any secrets?
hu.gif

So far we dug up the dirt where he sprayed and sprayed the area down with vinegar and watered down tomato sauce. 6 days later and it still stinks. The wood got a major shot of spray. I am thinking of cutting sections of the stall out.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, using a can of wonderful, smelly, fishy catfood as bait will do the trick for both!

Good luck!

Last edited:
We have been getting ideas from a lot of people and they are all extremely similar - Something stinky and fishy ala TUNA!

Thank you

I will post the resultant pics of our efforts.

Skunks love strawberries. They both love tuna or cat food either or. If you stick the live trap against the coop coons are like mice they follow walls fence lines.

Back
Top Bottom