Cedarhillhomestead

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
I have lost chicks during hatch but never a healthy chick this late in the game. I have eight, three week old chicks in a Brooder inside. One of them seemed lethargic last night and was dead this morning. Everyone else seems totally fine and healthy. No poopy butt and no suspected foul play. Any ideas what could kill just one of them? I’m trying to decide if I should freak out and worry about the others or not. It had been growing at a normal pace and seemed very healthy before yesterday.

Feeding your average medicated chick feed crumble and plain water. Temperature is 80° during day probably 75 at night due to temperature in house. This is exactly what we do every time we hatch Seramas nothing is different.
8F357029-98B6-487E-97EB-03F9B5C57BCB.jpeg

I have lost chicks during hatch but never a healthy chick this late in the game. I have eight, three week old chicks in a Brooder inside. One of them seemed lethargic last night and was dead this morning. Everyone else seems totally fine and healthy. No poopy butt and no suspected foul play. Any ideas what could kill just one of them? I’m trying to decide if I should freak out and worry about the others or not. It had been growing at a normal pace and seemed very healthy before yesterday.

Feeding your average medicated chick feed crumble and plain water. Temperature is 80° during day probably 75 at night due to temperature in house. This is exactly what we do every time we hatch Seramas nothing is different.View attachment 3111548
I'm sorry for your loss, I don't have much advice but hopefully this reply will give your thread a boost.
Could you attach a photo of your brooder, where is it located? And can they escape the heat source?

I'm sorry for your loss, I don't have much advice but hopefully this reply will give your thread a boost.
Could you attach a photo of your brooder, where is it located? And can they escape the heat source?
Thank you so much and yes they can but I wondered if she was under the heat long enough to get too lethargic to walk across the brooder to hydrate. You can’t see much but I’m not home so this is all I have. It’s a 180 qt container with shavings, light is in half

Attachments

• B14C932C-6A1C-4BF6-BB9D-F782FF2F9479.jpeg
    B14C932C-6A1C-4BF6-BB9D-F782FF2F9479.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom