Lost Leeloo today :(

Rachael Ellen

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 4, 2013
I don't really come on here too often but I feel like I need to post something somewhere where people's responses aren't just, "well it was only a chicken" because that really isn't helpful.

I've had 2 chickens for almost a year and a half now. I'm not sure exactly what they are - Brahma x something else.

Today, I lost my beautiful Leeloo. Here she is, pretending to be fierce and below on the left, being a tad curious:

She had sour crop but by the time I picked up on it, it was too late. And I feel like a jerk for not paying more attention to her.

I hope Leni will be okay for a while being a single hen until I'm ready to get her another friend.

Aah, why do they do this to us? I thought that I'd not miss them when they passed because they're outside and I'm not as close to them as say, my parrot. But this hurts. She was secretly my favourite, bottom of their little pecking order and although she didn't love being held, she'd tolerate it and seemed to like being petted around her neck. I'm gonna miss her so much. RIP Leeloo.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss!!
Chickens like any other pets can become part of the family and it really hurts to lose them. I lost the hen in my profile picture about 2 years ago and I'm still not over her loss. I only recently felt good enough to get another chicken. And that is my pullet stinky who I got on January 20th of this year. Although she is awesome she will never be able to replace Button. But that's ok as Stinky is unique in her own way. But I'm hoping to get a good sized flock soon as I'm moving out to a farm that sits on 160+ acres, so this would be nice as I do love having chickens around!

Back
Top Bottom