Lost My Big Boy-Can't take it anymore

Thank you again for all your kind words. I have "Chicken Knox" now I think and have had everything quiet around my girls for a week now that is why I am so heart broken that my Boy, who refused to roost anymore was taken! I just pray that he didn't suffer. I wish I could know that. There is no comfort other than time will heal I guess. Thank you so much again for your kinds words. My heart is so broken!

I'm sorry. I know how much it hurts. My ducks are my children, just as your birds are yours. I lost my favorite duck this winter to a racoon and it broke my heart in what I believe was 12 places. When they are gone, we feel their absence in many ways throughout the day. Remember to spend lots of time with your remaining birds, even if you don't feel like it. You will all feel better for it. Hugs!

I am so sorry and I know JUST how you feel. I DID give away my flock after losing 4 of my precious babies to foxes. I couldn't bear the thought of them getting picked off one by one. Thing is, it was even more painful to come out to an empty yard. I cried for days and wandered around like a lost child. Several months later I decided to make my yard more predator proof and got more chickens. Happy to say I haven't lost any yet (but afraid to put it in words...bad luck!). Try to get comfort from your remaining flock and to figure out how to protect them more. I hope you feel better soon. It hurts soo badly, I know.
hugs.gif

Ellen

Quote:
Im sorry for your loss but the above jumped out at me. If you removed a single fox and a single coon, you will likely have more problems. A few weeks/months ago, foxes had kits around so they were feeding a family and coons never seem to end so removing a single coon is nothing but a start. It takes a while to remove all the nusance animals so keep your traps out and if you hunt them, keep up the pressure...

HTH

I'm sorry to hear about your big boy. My condolences to you - it can be so hard to lose one of our furry or feathered friends.

On another note, what area of Concord are you in? I'm in Concord NC too - near Central Cabarrus High school. Nice to see another 'concordian' on the forum!

Susan

Back
Top Bottom