1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lost one baby.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Alleyoops25, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I know this happens a lot to a lot of people but I went out this morning and found a dead baby. I had him and its brother or sister posted here a couple weeks ago wondering what breed they were and was really excited about them growing up and figuring out what they were. Any way here is a picture of them agi[​IMG]an. What a total bummer.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm sorry about your baby. [​IMG] I don't know what the breed is, but they are very cute. You may want to try Feathersite to see if you can find them on there.

3. Alleyoops25

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    [​IMG] It s thing like this that make me wonder if chicks are kind of like human babies and some die from SIDS. This bird was healthy and happy last night at about 12:30 I had checked on them one more time to make sure that they weren't having any problems and that none of the smaller ones had gotten stuck in the feeder,mine seem to like to kick out all the food and then under that little bar that runs down the center of it. Anyway he was fine, he aboslutly show no signs that he was sick or any thing. I got up this morning a checked them and there hes was dead. No explaination what so ever.

4. drafthorse39

drafthorse39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    [​IMG] Awww so sorry for your loss their way to cute

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  5. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I always hate it when a chickie is lost. I even hated losing one of the "packing peanuts". Nothing sinster it was just small and the larger ones kept running over it. Sorry for your loss

Kim

6. Alleyoops25

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I am going to check out that site CarriBrown. I really would like to figure what they are. Since I lost the one ( the one that is further back in the pic) I would love to get a couple more. They have a anery ( spelt wrong) disposition. They chase my fingers around trying to steal my ring. Anyway I guess I am not the only one who had a chick die unexpectedly. And I still have 38 others babies, but only one of these guys now. Thank you guys I appericaite your guys posts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by