Lost one before CANNOT lose another!

Well, I figure the contants of the crop would smell sour because when we throw up it smells too. She seriously is way too thin for my liking. If she doesn't die of whatever this is, she might die of starvation if she doesn't eat! I am really worried, I had lost the cockerel a few months back and have a few of the silkies left, they came from a friend and I cannot tell her Jessica died too. I am wondering if a vet would be too expensive, because poultry vets are very hard to find here.
I personally wouldn't go to a vet. I've heard they're very expensive and usually people don't come out ahead.
How do I fix sour crop? If that is what it may be.
The link I sent should have instructions for how to treat it if that's what you feel it is. You're doing a good job caring for her.

I personally wouldn't go to a vet. I've heard they're very expensive and usually people don't come out ahead.

The link I sent should have instructions for how to treat it if that's what you feel it is. You're doing a good job caring for her.
Thanks. I just wish I could wave a wand and help her feel better. I'm afraid of losing her, and to something I don't even know what it is. I've heard cayenne pepper perks them up some, Wonder if that would help?

Thanks. I just wish I could wave a wand and help her feel better. I'm afraid of losing her, and to something I don't even know what it is. I've heard cayenne pepper perks them up some, Wonder if that would help?

Could it be sour crop and parasites!? Look thro the link you sent and sour crop sounds similar to what Jess has, but idk if that would make her loose all that weight and have those weird green oily fluid stools. My dumb phone automatically shuts off a 9clock if I stop replying tonight just let you know, will check in morning. So good night and thanks.

this morning I was definitely convinced that it's sour crop! Her crop isn't empty still. Mixed a solution of 1 teaspoon Epsom salt in warm water, gave her 2ml. And 2ml tomato juice and I've got ACV too, if I should give her some. She is bone thin. What else...?

Back
Top Bottom